Heritage

Dulong Lookout


Dulong State School 
2017 Marks The 50th Anniversary Of The Closing Of The Dulong State School
Here’s how you can help!

To commemorate the contribution the school played in uniting the community and shaping young people, Dulong Futures is searching for forgotten stories, photos, and memorabilia.

Dulong Provisional School opened on 8 July 1895 on Philipps Road.  It became a State School in January 1909.  The building was constructed of pit sawn timber, a labour of love by our district’s pioneers. The building was later moved to a more central location, at the corner of Dulong School Road and Sherwell Road. The school closed several times due to low student enrollments.

Dulong School: A Search For Forgotten Heritage

New school building which opened in 1938 (courtesy of Patrick McAnalen), and ‘Class of 1939’ courtesy of Lorna Wallace (nee Reinhardt).

Dulong-Kureelpa School of Arts
4 Thrushs Road, Dulong

‘‘coming of age’ and promoted the development of a community’s social fabric’

‘The Dulong School of Arts led the way in providing an example of how bush halls could inspire and promote community development’

(Three Times Lucky: The Story of a Bush Hall compiled by John Low 1995)


Creamery and the fig tree in Dalzell’s paddock


Dulong Post Office


Nambour-Mapleton Tramway