A Sunshine Coast Hinterland community, Dulong is about 93 kilometres north of Queensland’s capital city of Brisbane. Dulong is about 9 kilometres from Nambour – only a 10-minute drive away.
- Settled in the 1880s.
- History of economic development: logging, growing sugarcane, dairy farming, transitioning to residential development.
- Area of approximately 10 kilometres square.
- Population increase 43% from 377 in 2006 to 540 in 2011, (ABS 2006, 2011), to 564 in 2016 (ABS 2016).
- Median Age: 50 years
- Children 0-14 years: 16.7%
- Residents aged 60 and over: 31.9% (ABS 2016).
- Majority of Households: 2.5 persons.
Today, Dulong is a growing community of private properties with no community spaces to provide opportunities for neighbours to connect and maximise the value of ‘place’ and belonging.
Dulong: Forgotten For Too Long, a response to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), 2016 Census data release, click here.